Thursday, December 22, 2005

SU Basketball

So despite being a Syracuse basketball fan for my whole life, and following them closely since my Junior year of college, I had never actually seen them life in person.  However, I remedied that situation last night and took care of part of my dad’s birthday present as we went to see SU vs. Illinois-Chicago last night.  Minus the end of the first half, when Ill.-Chicago went on a 10-0 run to close the gap from 32-20 to 32-30, it was a good game.  SU came out and went on a 7-0 run at the start of the first half to get the game to 39-30 and from there on in the game was never in doubt.  

SU didn’t shoot the ball especially well (Gerry McNamara’s 2-13 from beyond the arc is case in point) but Terrance Roberts’ 19 points along with McNamara’s 18 led the way to victory.  I think it’ll be interesting to see how this team does when the Big East Season rolls around.  It is a shame that Pitt build such a small stadium and henceforth doesn’t sell any public tickets for Big East games.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home