Sunday, December 11, 2005

Laurelville

This weekend was our Sr. High Winter Retreat with Pittsburgh Youth Network @ Laurelville.  A few highlights…

  • Being picked to battle two other youth leaders with a dead eel, by trying to break an egg that was held in place by a pair of stockings… and then smelling myself for the rest of the time with a delightful mix of dead eel and rotten egg…

  • Cabin time discussions with the guys

  • Winning our first snow football game without even scoring a touchdown…

  • Watching Cory knock a guy down with his nose

  • Watching Jarrod show off his CMU football skills

  • Enjoying 20 minutes of silence in the freezing cold

  • Watching the weather get worse and worse the closer to home we got

  • Spending a weekend with a great group of kids

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger John said...

I will never forget my many experiences at Lauralville, both as a kid, a volunteer and as a youth minister. In the future I think I will often say, "those were the days." I wonder if The Open Door will have enough junior highers to go in a few years! Maybe I'll get to go again, then again maybe I've had enough mud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home