Thursday, June 08, 2006

Moltmann Quote

Last week I posted another one of my “reading updates”, which I’m sure few people actually read. However, in that update I mentioned that I was going to focus some of my reading in the next few months to the topic of eschatology. I completed a series of dictionary entries on the topic and have begun delving into Jurgen Moltmann’s Theology of Hope. Today I came across a quote that justifies all my efforts in this area:

“Christian eschatology in the language of promise will be then an essential to the unlocking of Christian truth. For the loss of eschatology – not merely as an appendix to dogmatics, but as the medium of theological thinking as such – has always been the condition that makes possible the adaptation of Christianity to its environment, and as a result of this, the self-surrender of faith”

- Jurgen Moltmann, Theology of Hope, Pg. 41.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger tchittom said...

Congratulations on your recent gradution, etc. Why not join us at www.jurgenmoltmann.com?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home