Friday, April 21, 2006

Reading Ephesians with the Church Fathers

Since my small group recently finished our reading of the Gospel of Mark, I needed to find something new for devotional reading.  What I settled on and hopefully will be blogging on is to read through the book of Ephesians with the Church Fathers.  I am fortunate enough to own 12 volumes of the Ancient Christian Commentary on the Scriptures so I will be reading that, along will reading Ephesians from the newly published and somewhat controversial (at least in the evangelical world) TNIV (Today’s New International Version).  I’ve used the TNIV a little and so far really like it as an update of the NIV.  For ministry purposes I tend to prefer the NIV’s dynamic equivalence method over the more literal method of the ESV/NRSV since I mainly work with teens.  

Given everything else that is going on I don’t know how often or how long I will be blogging, but hopefully I can keep it up at least somewhat regularly.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home