Thursday, April 06, 2006

Brian's Big News

So my mom commented that I hadn't updated my blog in a while which first of all shows that she has become quite the blog reader.  This has in part been because the biggest news in my life that I would be blogging about wasn't quite ready for public knowledge, but as of now it is public knowledge.  

Starting July 1st, I will be Minister of Youth and Outreach Worship at Hampton Presbyterian Church in Gibsonia, PA.  There I will have two main responsibilities, youth ministry and turningpoint.  The Youth Ministry part is pretty much the typical responsibilities: youth group, bible studies, retreats, social events, etc.  As many of you know, youth ministry has been my passion for the past three years and I am excited to get the opportunity to land in such a position.  My other main responsibility will be turningpoint.  Turningpoint is a gathering for: skeptics, believers, veterans, rookies,the passionate, and the burned-out, who seek to know and follow Jesus Christ.  The music is rock n roll, the dress is casual, children are welcome, you can bring your friends.  As you might know my other passion has been developing worship gatherings that are focused on the praise and adoration of God in a language that is better understood by young people and those outside the church.  Needless to say, a position that combined the two things I feel the most passionate about really excited me and I cannot wait to begin.

6 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger cvd said...

Congratulations! Or now that you're a Hebrew scholar - MAZEL TOV!

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Brian!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Andy James said...

Congratulations and best wishes! Sounds like a great place to be.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Frank said...

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm in the Turningpoint band and I look forward to meeting you!

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

Hey,
I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for your honest heart and truthfulness, it is refreshing to hear someone be real. Its cool to read about real people who serve Jesus.

I am a musician, and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download. Anyway, don’t want to be a pest, I just thought that I’d share.

Thanks,
-Sean
_____________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
“All my music is free.”

 

Post a Comment

<< Home