Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Stillers

For those of you outside of Pittsburgh, if you don't believe me how seriously people here take their football, here's some proof.

But here's a story to illustrate what I'm talking about.  On Sunday afternoon the Steelers (excuse me, Stillers) played the Colt.  Because neither Renee or I particularly care about the Steelers I got us tickets for the afternoon show of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the church where I work.  Afterward I pointed out to Renee that for a Sunday afternoon, the streets of Pittsburgh were deserted.  We made record time getting home because there simply was no traffic whatsoever.  Then we went for a walk and sure enough, few cars and even fewer people.  But, as soon as the game was over, East Liberty came back to lifeā€¦

One thing I can say, "yinz guyz" take their football seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home