Saturday, October 29, 2005

Kennywood

So I finally did it: I went to Kennywood.

For those of you don't know, Kennywood is an amusement park here in Pittsburgh that I have avoided going to for the two years I've lived in Pittsburgh.  But last night, our youth group went, (18 kids, 4 leaders) so I finally went.  And for the record, I had fun.

It ended up being basically six of us (four adults (yes Patrick, I even counted you as an adult), three high school kids) who bummed around together for the night.  I even went on the Jack Rabbit (Twice even!) and the Thunderbolt.  Now, mainly my parents, will confess that me and roller coasters have had a up and down relationship.  I used to love the log flume at Darien Lake, but as I got older the whole "stomach dropping" thing became less fun.  Now, in all honesty, the Jack Rabbit and the Thunderbolt are not intense roller coasters at all and I did wimp out of going on the Phantom.  But none the less, I was proud of myself for getting on them and even having fun.  What was funny was that Sean and I crammed into one car on the jackrabbit which prevented us from really flying around much.  The second time I went on the jackrabbit I was alone in the car and when we hit the double dip (where the cars literally leave the tracks for what feels like a few seconds) I came flying out of my seat, it was pretty cool.

Anyway, that was my excitement for a Friday night.  I guess it’s a good sign when my idea of fun on a Friday night is going with a bunch of kids to Kennywood rather than go out to a bar.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home