Sunday, November 06, 2005

Walter Brueggemann

So yesterday I drove to Maryland to see Renee for one night, and then drove back tonight.  Before I left I loaded up my iPod with all sorts of stuff, including material from the 2004 Emergent Conversation with Dr. Walter Brueggemann.  Now, my previous experiences with Brueggeman have not been good, namely his commentary on 1 Samuel in the Interpretation series and his book The Creative Word which we read for Christian Education last year.  But we did read an essay of his in The Other Side of Sin that I thought was absolutely fantastic.  So I figured I'd give it a shot… and I have to say I'm intrigued.  

I haven't finished listening to the whole thing (there are four full sessions online here) but maybe he's not as off his rocker as I had thought when I first encountered him.  I think what is frustrating about him is that he's pretty wishy washy when it comes to details, but I think he's a better speaker than he is a writer.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home