Monday, May 15, 2006

Saying Farewell

So tonight I finally said good bye to Northmont.  Ever since October of 2003, with the exception of the summers, I’ve been a part of the Northmont family.  My first year I was a volunteer and for the last two years I’ve been on staff.  Needless to say, saying goodbye was far from easy.  There are some wonderful people there who I am going to miss dearly.  

What stood out to me tonight as I was driving home was that for me I only had one church during seminary.  While it’s true that I was a staff member at Northmont, but I was also part of the Northmont family.  From participating in worship services, youth events, and social events I always felt like one of the group.

While my time in the seminary classroom has been incredibly valuable my time at Northmont has been equally valuable in learning and the lessons I’ve learned I will carry with me for a very long time.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home